Sell Online Photography: Essential Tips for Product Photography
How to successfully sell online photography? Read this article and discover the best tips your can use for product photography!
Taking the time to learn and understand the best methods for amazing product photography is a wise investment for any online business, especially if you are a professional photographer or you sell online photography.
Since, online buyers can’t see, touch or try the products, your product photos have to give them all the details and information they need so they can make a decision whether or not they should buy the product. Once you have your own collection of clear and well-lighted photos of your art products and designs, you can use these photos for your website, for your catalog, for your blog, and for everything else.
Believe it or not, you can achieve a lot with product photography. All you need to do is follow a few steps:
- Shoot Outside – If the weather allows you to shoot outside, take as many photos as you can. Shooting inside can work well in bad weather, but the natural light is always better. Shooting outside between the hours of noon and 2 p.m. protects the photos from glaring shadows.
- Build a Light Box – There is nothing complicated in building a light box. This is essentially a cut-out cardboard box which is covered with white fabric, well-lit with daylight light bulbs, and lines with white Bristol board paper. The light box allows you to take better and brighter photos indoors and at night.
- Get to Know Your Camera – You don’t need to invest in an expensive camera in order to take great shots. You can use your current camera and just improve your photography skills. Whatever you use, give yourself some time to learn all that your camera can do. Check out the functions and try them all. Get to know your camera.
- Start with a Basic White Background – All editors and bloggers want images with white backgrounds. You can edit the photo, you can remove shadows, smudges, and dust. Keeping everything on a basic white background makes it easier for you and for editors to do their job.
- Edit Wisely – Use apps and tools such as Photoshop or Picmonkey, take some time to learn how the program works, and always edit wisely.
Use these few tips and let us know how they work for you and your online business!
— Caledonia Bureau (@CaleBureau) 12 de junio de 2017